Notes: This information is in reference to the Capitol Federal's online loan payment system only.
How do I make an online loan payment?
There are four basic steps involved in making one-time online payments:
- Enter your payment information: You will enter [account number, five-digit zip code, and a payment amount].
- Enter your contact information: You will enter [name, address, phone, and e-mail address].
- Enter your payment method information: You will enter bank account information.
- Review and submit: You will be given an opportunity to review everything you've entered and change anything if necessary. Then you will submit the payment and receive your [confirmation reference ID].
You will need to enter this information each time you make a payment using the One-Time Service. We recommend that you register for this online Service to avoid having to re-key this information each time you make a payment.
What is an appropriate browser?
Your web browser must be set to enable 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet. This Service is designed to work with Windows Internet Explorer. Other web browsers may be used, but Microsoft-based web browsers will produce the best results.
How is my sensitive banking information and personal information secured?
The Service uses the following security features:
- SSL: We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to secure your connection and information.
- Encryption: We strictly enforce 128-bit encryption security levels for users accessing this Service. All users accessing this Service must ensure that their Web browsers are set to enable 128-bit encryption.
- Automatic Sign Out: We automatically sign you out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
How do I know when a secure session has been created?
Most supported browsers will give you a message box stating when you are going into a secure session. Another indication that your browser is operating in secure mode can be found in the web site address. The address will begin with (http:) in standard, non-secure mode and with (https:) in secure mode. The 's' in 'https' stands for secure.
Why are only some versions of browsers supported?
To help ensure that your confidential financial information is protected in transit, we encrypt all messages between your browser and the one-time Service. Some browser versions do not support the needed levels of encryption.
What are my obligations to help secure my transactions using the one-time Service?
As more completely spelled out in the Terms and Conditions, you are responsible for not giving out your banking account information, bank routing information, or your loan account information to unauthorized users. Furthermore, you need to make sure that you are using an appropriate browser. Also, you should close your browser immediately after you are finished transacting your payment(s).
When setting up my payment method, where can I find my bank's routing transit number and checking account number?
The nine-digit routing transit number can be found on the lower left-hand side of your check. The checking account number is to the right of the routing number. This may vary by bank. If you have any question in regards to either your routing or account number, please contact your bank.
Do you accept credit card payments?
No. We do not accept credit card payments.
Is there a fee for using the One-Time Service?
No, there is no fee for using the One-Time Service.
When will the payment be applied to my loan account?
The cut-off time for payments is 2:00 p.m. Central Time. Payments submitted after 2:00 p.m. Central Time on a business day, or on a day that is not a business day, will be processed on the next business day.
How can I contact Customer Service if I have questions about the online loan payment Service?
For information about online loan payments made via this Service, please contact us toll free at 1-888-822-7333.