be prepared with an emergency plan.
Capitol Federal® has a disaster plan in the event of a catastrophe. The plan protects and recovers electronic data and provides availability of cash and customer service as quickly as possible following a wide-range disaster. Are you prepared? Use the list below to create a disaster preparedness kit.
Important Items Needed in an Emergency
- Identification to help recover lost records, including:
- Driver's license or state-issued ID
- Insurance cards
- Social security cards
- Copies of birth certificates
- Smartphone with web browsing to access True Blue Online® and mobile banking - even if your checkbook is lost in the disaster, you still have control with True Blue Online allowing you to pay bills and pay others with Popmoney® or account-to-account payments
- ATM cards, debit and credit cards as well as account numbers and toll-free numbers for your banks, credit card issuers, brokerage firms and insurance companies
- Checkbook as a backup to True Blue Online
- Family and local phone numbers
- Grab any medication you may need
- Have a flashlight or lantern ready, with extra batteries, in case of a power failure
- Make everyone put on a pair of sturdy shoes in case of debris
- Secure pets in a safe room or in pet carriers that you can take along as you seek shelter
- Store a few bottles of water and some non-perishable snacks in your shelter
- Take your wallet, purse, car keys and house keys to your shelter
- Have a battery-powered radio or weather radio with you so you know when it is safe to exit the shelter
- Store a few games or toys in your shelter to occupy children during the storm
Find a Capitol Federal® Location. Enter your zip code to find a CapFed® branch nearest you.
Need a safe deposit box to protect important documents and valuables?Learn More
Find tips and other useful resources to help you keep your identity, information and money secure.
Learn how to safeguard your information and what you should do if you become a victim.Protect Yourself