To help keep children safe while trick-or-treating, we’re offering free reflective bracelets at all CapFed® branches, while supplies last. Stop by before Halloween to get yours! It’s also a good idea to go over the following safety tips from the CDC before your young trick-or-treaters head out:
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Walk, don’t run from house to house.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use crosswalks wherever possible.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Enter homes only if you're with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Never accept rides from strangers.
- Don’t get too close to lit candles or luminaries.